1. Grinderman - Grinderman: This really shouldn't be this good, and this enjoyable
2. Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero: Bit flat for me live, but this may just be Trent's best outing.
3. Mary Chapin Carpenter - The Calling: I had believed that MCC's best days were well and truly behind her, but this album has pleasingly proved me wrong.
4. Ryan Adams - Lost Highway: Not his best, but his second best is better than most people's best.
5. Queens of the Stoneage - Era Vulgaris: I Just like it.
6. Jesse Malin - Glitter in the Gutter
7. Paul McCartney - Memory Almost Full: Obviously drinking Starbuck's Coffee has done the trick.
8. McQueen - Break the Silence: 4 young ladies making a, pleasingly, British rock sound.
9. Funeral for a Friend - Tales Don't Tell Themselves:
10. Manic Street Preachers - Send Away the Tigers: No new ground, but more fun then recent offerings
(The Hold Steady - Boys & Girls in America : Yes, this could be considered cheating if I include it, but it's not my fault this wasn't officially released in the UK until this year. So it's unofficially officially in the top 10 in place of one of the above. And did I mention I am going to see them for the third time in 6 months on 30th Aug)
Blogged with Flock