Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Todd explains why the new tour is not just a greatest 'hits' package: "I pick up the paper and see a lot of my peers still fairly successful, but playing the equivalent of Las Vegas in the '60s. You know exactly what it's going to be like if you go to the show. That's the product they're selling. It's music for escapists. That's fine. It's just not what I make. I make polemical music that sometimes aggravates, but it's not designed to make you forget. It's designed to make you remember"

From: St Louis Today http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/entertainment/stories.nsf/music/story/B4D00A799D70227F862574870073EAC3?OpenDocument

1 comment:

Jim Marquis said...

I saw him one time when he wasn't really promoting a new album and was just kind of playing the favorites. He seemed really lethargic and unfocused. On this new tour (at least the night I saw him)he seemed fired up and in really good spirits.