Friday, June 06, 2014

Nile Rogers - Nuclear scientist?


Vibe talked to Nile Rogers about his career and when it went off on a tangent Todd got mentioned too.

Where would you be now had you never been in music?
I’d have gone into science. In our days, we called it thermonuclear hydro-dynamics. That was my thing, in our clique at school we were trying to figure out how take nuclear energy, make it safe, and power the planet.

Nile Rodgers would’ve been a nuclear scientist?
You would not believe how many famous musicians were into this. My friend Reggie Lucas was in the same school, he was on Madonna’s album. He and Todd Rundgren developed the very first screensaver. My other partner, Tom Murray, he went on to invent all sorts of digital applications, way before laptops. I love science. As part of my charity, we brought in Gza from the Wu Tang to give a talk on magnetism and gravity.

What went wrong Nile?!
Back then, we all knew from a very young age the government weren’t going to use our research for good stuff!

No comments: