Friday, February 06, 2015

Faster Louder talks to Mark Ronson and asks about his collaboration with Tame Impala's Kevin Parker

  Let’s talk about the other Australian you collaborated with on the album – Kevin Parker. I believe you guys met on the 2011 Future Music Festival tour. Was there a particular track, album or genre that you bonded over initially?

 "We were both obsessed with drum sounds, like mic’ing drums, how you get a particular sound. I love the sound that he got on Innerspeaker and he really dug the sound of ‘Bang Bang Bang’. That was really it, I can’t remember if there was a particular song. Jay [Watson] and I bonded over Todd Rundgren he was amazed that I’d never heard of this song called ‘International Feel’ because he was convinced I’d ripped off ‘Bang Bang Bang’ from it, and I was like “No, I’ve never heard it’. Even back then, four years ago even when they were super young they were monsters, such talented musicians each one of them could play every instrument. It was really inspiring to watch them play every night."

2 comments:

Jim Marquis said...

I'd love to see Todd do something with Tame Impala sometime.

Scott said...

well he did do the remix of Elephant (pretty good remix too)