Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Todd for Hall of Fame?

U2, the Pretenders, Buddy Guy, the O'Jays, and Percy Sledge, as well as touring business architect Frank Barsalona and Sire Records head Seymour Stein as non-performers were all inducted into the Rock n Roll Hallof Fame today.

Hard to argue with any of them as far as I am concerned. But my one loyal reader J, asks me 'do you think Todd will ever get his rightful spot in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame?'

Last year Todd was asked the question and told the Scotsman that it was for guys who were dead or retired; and told the Australian Financial Review that if they put him in, the citation would say "If elected, will not serve".

I have to say, if I am honest, I think the dead or retired route is the one that will probably take him in; but it would be good to see it happen before then.

1 comment:

Jim Marquis said...

It's aggravating. Look at Percy Sledge..he had one really big hit.

Then look at Todd..he's had radio hits, he played with the Nazz, he played with Utopia, he was a pioneer in the video, recording and programming areas of the business and he's one of the greatest producers music has ever seen.