Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Speaking of messers Rundgren and Jackson ...

The Bristol Evening Post has an interview with the wonderful Jill Sobule who is in the UK for a handfull of gigs to promote new album 'Victorious Underdog' and both Todd and Joe get mentioned

Her first album [Things here are different'] was a critical success but this was not reflected in commercial sales.

"I think on that first album I hadn't really developed properly. I didn't really know who I was. It was a strange album. It was produced by Todd Rundgren. Todd's a great guy but he's crazy and he doesn't have many of the social graces.

"I mean, like it was the first time I had ever been in a studio and I would sing my first track and over the speaker you would hear 'Alright, that was adequate, let's move on to the next song'.

"So then I decided for my second record that Joe Jackson was going to produce me and that never came out."

I have mentioned this before, but 'Things here are Different' is a wonderful record, and one that should be in every music lover/singer songwriter lovers music collection.

No comments: