Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bourgeois Todd

Retro Dan has an interview with Brent Bourgeois (Bourgeois Tagg) who has this to say on working with Todd.

retroDan: Since you’re a music producer yourself, i thought it’d be interesting to hear your take on all the major producers you’ve worked with in your career- namely Todd Rundgren, Danny Kortchmar, Charlie Peacock?

Brent: Todd Rundgren is much more of a musical influence than an ‘in the studio’ influence. He taught me something very important: to be really honest lyrically. His chord changes and melodic sense have obviously influenced my writing as well. As a producer in the studio, he was a disappointment. His idea of a compliment was a heavy sigh and something like, “That didn’t bother me.”

1 comment:

Jim Marquis said...

Yeah, Todd's my hero but I'm sure he can be a dick to work with sometimes...