Friday, November 02, 2007

McQueen @ Camden Barfly - 31/10/2007

Wednesday night, so it must be heavy metal. Having been reasonably impressed with McQueen's debut album, I thought it was worth parting with £6.50 to catch them live. I must admit I wasn't expecting much, but I was presently surprised to find that McQueen manage to be quite entertaining live (although a bit less of the rock cliche speak by lead vocalist Leah wouldn't go a miss).

Anyway, The Line went Dead, Running out of Things to Say, Love for Sale, Neurotic etc all sounded really rather good. The next record should tell us whether or not the band will ever headline bigger venues.

Due to standing in a bar drinking Pete and I missed the first of the support acts but arrived in time to catch Fresh Fabrik, a hungarian hard rock band. They seemed like a nice enough bunch, but can't say I left wanting to rush out and buy any of their music.

No comments: