Friday, January 25, 2008

Todd tells Billboard about plans for the new album and why the New Cars are parked.

Billboard talks to Todd about the new album and the New Cars:

On the new 'arena rock' album:

Rundgren says he's got "a few" songs already written for the project, and he plans to start working in earnest on it in early February, after he finishes his current North American concert tour. "I write in a very strange way," he explains. "Things are very fragmentary for a very long time, and then they come together very quickly near the end of the process. I don't even write the lyrics to the songs until immediately before I (record) them."


On the New Cars:

"We couldn't get the rights to use the name the Cars, and the New Cars just confused everybody," Rundgren explains. "We didn't want to have to start all over again. And I've got my own music and my own audience; I had no reason to start trying to begin a new career with another band."

1 comment:

Jim Marquis said...

That was an interesting comment about the lyrics. Especially when you consider how thought-provoking they usually are.