Thursday, June 02, 2011

Out of My Mind

.


First song from upcoming Todd Rundgren album (re)Production has been posted online. The project (which features fans playing most of the instruments) sees Rundgren covering songs off albums he produced for other artists such as “Love My Way” from the Psychedelic Furs, “Better Than You,” by the New York Dolls, “Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad” from Meat Loaf and Dear God from XTC. The first track posted is his version of Bourgeois Tagg’s “Out of My Mind.” As promised by Todd, sounds like it's going to be a pop record.

2 comments:

Jim Marquis said...

Hey, I like it. This could be a really fun album.

Did you buy "Todd Rundgren's Johnson'? I keep thinking I might but it's hard for me to get too excited about those old blues standards...

Scott said...

Yes. He didn promise it was going to be 'poppy' and it sounds like it on this track.

No. I have disc of the AWATS gig i went to which has TRJ as opening set, and they sound better live than on the CD.