Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Year End reviews start to roll in ...



As I start to put some thought to my albums of the year,  it is interesting to see where the music press are going with their opinions so far. Bowie and the Arctic Monkey's certainly making more of an impression with the British based publications and Kayne more with the US based ones. Also fun to note that Rolling Stone seem to be the only publication NOT hugely disappointed with the Arcade Fire album. And, of course, Paste have to be too cool for school with their choices.
 
My list is still a couple of weeks away, but thought I'd share these anyway just to get you thinking ...

 



1.  Vampire Weekend  - Modern Day Vampires of the City
2. Kanye West - Yeezus
3. Daft Punk – RAM
4. Paul McCartney - New 
5. Arcade Fire – Reflektor

 



1. Kayne – Yeezus
2. Chance the Rapper – Acid Rap
3. Vampire Weekend - Modern Day Vampires of the City
4. Haim – Days Are Gone
5. Disclosure – Settle

 


 
1. Phosphorescent – Muchacho

2. Mikal Cronin – MCII

3. Foxygen – We Are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace & Magic

4. Janelle Monae – The Electric Lady

5. Deerhunter – Monomania



UNCUT

1. My Bloody Valentine – MBV
2.
David Bowie – The Next Day
3. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Push The Sky Away
4.
John Grant – Pale Green Ghosts
5.
Laura Marling – Once I was an Eagle

 
Q

1. Arctic Monkeys – AM
2.
Vampire Weekend – Modern Vampires of the City
3.
David Bowie – The Next Day
4.
Daft Punk – RAM
5.
Jon Hopkins - Immunity




1. Billy Callahan – Dream River

2. Daft Punk – RAM

3. David Bowie – Next day

4. Arctic Monkeys – AM

5. John Grant – Pale Green Ghosts

2 comments:

Jim Marquis said...

I was pretty disappointed with both the Arcade Fire and Bowie albums. There is only one song on each I care much about. But the Queens of the Stone Age release was a very nice surprise.

Scott said...

Interesting. I like the Bowie album a lot, and QOTSA also v good. AF is a bit 'meh' though.

My top 20 albums list isd being ammended by the day at the moment esp when it comes to waht will be my album of 2013.