Friday, March 14, 2014

Setting the early pace ...

So, we are already into month three of 2014, so has any album yet staked a claim to be an early contender for album of the year?

I'm still waiting for an album to really make me sit up and take notice, but the closest so far is the latest album from St Vincent - St Vincent.  It is a eclectic and inventive album that reminds me of listening to Prince at his best, and you can also hear the influence of Talking Heads/Art of Noise I have a feeling this will have the staying power to be in the mix come the end of the year, as it is a record that gives up more on each listen.

3 comments:

Jim Marquis said...

I need to check it out. I've mostly just been listening to recent British prog albums lately by North Atlantic Oscillation, Sand and Sound of Contact.

Scott said...

Not aware of Sand or Sound of Contact, will have to look them up.

Jim Marquis said...

The lead singer of SOC is Phil Collin's son.