Monday, February 23, 2015

Todd, the DJ, and Utopia



Rundgren Radio spoke to Todd and got the low down on the new record and the tour.  As I mentioned last week Dam Funk is going to be the tour DJ, and he will essentially be 'the band' on this tour.  Also of interest was that Todd doesn't rule out a possible Utopia reunion tour for 2016. Says he and Kaz have talked about it but that it would need to be for a proper tour with proper rehearsal time so that it wasn't just a going through the motions exercise. 

4 comments:

Jim Marquis said...

Well, the Utopia news is exciting.

Speaking of older acts, I'm going to see The Church Tuesday night for the first time.

Scott said...

Think I had an album of theirs on cassette way back in the 80s - they're aussie, yes?

Jim Marquis said...

Right.

It was a good show. They didn't have an opening act and played for like two and a half hours. And it started at 7:30 so I wasn't completely exhausted at the end. I love how older acts consider the needs of their audience (or maybe they just can't stay out all night either).

Scott said...

Glad to hear it was good. I must dig out that album of theirs and remind myself what they sound like. Ryan Adams (again) for me tonight.