Monday, April 20, 2015

Blues Magoo's Peppy Casto shows some Todd love

Asbury Park Press (New Jersey) has an interview with Blues Magoos' Peppy Castro, and Todd gets a mention.

Castro discussed the prospect of revisiting his band's signature song.
"When we were really young, I remember thinking to myself I loved a guy like Todd Rundgren who always re-invented himself and always went on to new things," he recalled. "And I said, 'Oh God, please don't let me have to keep playing "We Ain't Got Nothin' Yet" for the next 40 years and beat it to death and become an imitation of myself. Well, due to circumstances beyond my control and the band being a one-hit wonder, that was never the case." 

Personally the thing that always struck me about the song was how blatant a rip off Deep Purple's Black Night was


No comments: