Friday, April 04, 2014

Pop Hall of Fame


“It’s not rock ‘n’ roll anymore anyway,’’ he said. “What we used to call rock ‘n’ roll – the original term, defined by DJ Alan Freed – meant to refer to a certain kind of music that Chuck Berry and Little Richard and Elvis [Presley] were playing, and it was distinguishable from ‘popular music’ at that time ...What you have now is a pop music hall of fame, and I don’t care if I’m in the Pop Music Hall of Fame or not’’ 

Todd on why he's not especially a fan of the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame as told to the Plain Dealer



3 comments:

Jim Marquis said...

I'm a little confused. Does Todd consider himself part of the Chuck Berry-Little Richard set?

Scott said...

I'm not sure he cares! Think he does consider himself part of the Chuck Berry past but also part of the 'pop' future. He's just being an awkward bugger again. I'm sure he'd turn up if they offered to induce him!

Jim Marquis said...

Yeah, I love the guy but I don't really buy this nonchalant attitude about the Hall of Fame. Frankly, I'm amazed he's not in it already considering he's not only a well known artist but a highly regarded producer.