Friday, April 04, 2014

Theme Tune of Your Life Meme

OK. I give in. The 'meme' of the week it is: The theme tune of your life is the song that was UK Chart/ Billboard #1 on day born, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th or 21st birthday. 

Given that I was born at end of year I already knew this could be bad as I was looking at a long of Xmas number ones, but how bad could it be when you kick off with The Scaffold – Lily the pink in '68 Have always loved this tune. How bad can it get? 

How about this bad: 
12th birthday: St Winifred's School Choir -There's no one quite like Grandma
14th Birthday: Renee and Renato – Save your Love
16th Band Aid
18th Jackie Wilson – Reet Petite [Thank Christ a decent tune at last] 
21st, soddin Band Aid (II) AGAIN. 

The UK having clearly failed me, I set sail for the US of A and found things much more to my liking ...

O = Marvin Gaye – I Heard it Through the Grapevine
12 = John Lennon – (Just Like) Starting Over
14 = Hall & Oats – Maneater
16 = Madonna – Like a Virgin
18 = The Bangles – Walk Like an Egyptian
And just when it was getting too good to be true ..
21 = Phil Collins – Another day in Paradise
I'm happy to take The Scaffold and Marvin Gaye as songs that perfectly represent my love of the quirky and of true class. 

No comments: